“Things To Stop Doing In Your 20’s” Ep. 1 SHOW NOTES from the podcast:
We all know adulting can be quite the struggle: from paying your own bills, dealing with your boss, to just figuring out what the heck is going on. In this first episode, we share a list of things to stop doing as you traverse through one of the toughest periods in life, your twenties! In this list, you will find five main things to avoid, namely: bad habits such as drinking and gossiping, going back to your ex, living on social media, comparing yourself to others and finally, self-doubt.
1. Stop your bad habits
○ Stop anything that’s unhealthy for your mental, emotional and physical
well-being. If something’s not bettering you, don’t invest your time on it. Some
examples are avoiding alcohol, overspending, being late and gossiping.
○ If you don’t want to be gossiped about, don’t gossip about other people.
Sometimes, we get caught in the crossfire with friends who are gossiping. Do not
be afraid to just be honest and gently tell them that you would rather not be part
of the conversation.
○ It may always be traffic in the Philippines, but that should never be an excuse to
be late. Being on time is a sign of professionalism and respect. .
○ It’s easy to get carried away with spending once you start earning. Stop spending
your money on unnecessary food, clothes or panlilibre and start saving up. One
tip that you can use to know if something is within your budget is assessing if you
can afford buying 3 of that specific item.
2. Stop going back to your ex
○ This is something that applies to ALL relationships, not just romantic ones
○ Never go back to a toxic relationship from the past just because it’s comfortable
○ Don’t stay with people who don’t love you the way you want to be loved.
○ Always remember that there’s a reason why the relationship ended. Even if the
person reaches out, you don’t have to circle back to them. Just respond
courteously and kindly.
3. Stop living on social media
○ Social media can be a great outlet to express your creativity, but there’s a fine
line between using and living on social media.
○ Some signs that you are living on social media are: making it your #1 priority to
document and post events, comparing yourself to others and spending too much
time on it.
○ One must always remember that social media is not real life, its REEL. The real
life is outside of our screens, it’s within the relationships and adventures that we
4. Stop comparing yourself to others
○ As women, we have a tendency to nitpick our flaws and compare it to the best
parts of another person.
○ “Don’t compare yourself to others, compare yourself to who you were yesterday”
- Jordan Peterson
○ Stop looking at other people for competition, the only improvement you should be
focusing on is being a better version of yourself every single day.
5. Stop doubting yourself
○ Slow down and start counting your blessings. Reflect on the things you are
grateful for, the people you are grateful to, and the achievements that you are
○ Psalm 78:72 “With upright heart he shepherded them and guided them with his
○ With anything you do, you need to remember these two things. First, that your
heart and motives are in the right place and second, that you are capable of
achieving what you want.
○ Make an effort to constantly improve yourself and learn something new everyday.
This could be something as simple as learning a new bible verse or writing on
your gratitude journal.
○ Rely completely on God and His plans. If your entire being is rooted in Christ,
there is nothing to worry about.
Stay tuned for more episodes and don’t forget to use the hashtag #AdultingWithPring if you have any comments or suggestions for future topics!
Episode summary by Jacy Olivares
Adulting With Joyce Pring the Podcast:
The How-To’s of your 20’s told by a 26 year old. Basically, the blind leading the blind - expectantly and with gusto. Adulting With Joyce Pring the podcast is available for free on iTunes, Spotify, Podcast app, and all your other podcast providers. All written, recorded, and produced by Joyce Pring, unless stated otherwise.
Support the podcast through becoming a patron on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/adultingwithjoycepring
Follow us everywhere:
Facebook: JoycePring Page
Listen to the podcast here:
Spotify - https://spoti.fi/2yykOGV
iTunes - http://bit.ly/AdultingWithJoycePring
Soli Deo Gloria!